Friday 8 March 2013

Couch to 5k

I have decided to try and get fitter and a bit leaner!   I did the first outing before I downloaded the podcast from the NHS website called couch to 5K and thought this is not too bad.  Downloaded the podcast and turns out it is 90secs between 1 minute runs in the first week - not 5 minutes as I had thought when I speed read the website.... after the second run I thought just possibly the program has a misnomer - more like ouch to 5K!    I have kept it up for a week and should theoretically now be ready to start on the next week program which will be 90 seconds of running with 2 mins of walking in between... so we'll see how that goes.   I have been trying to walk every day also, and always on the rest days between the run/walks and had a couple of good long walks this week.    I do feel better for it - just doubting my stickability!

Have been reading with a book club, and read The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom for that - I struggled with it at first, the style more than the substance, but enjoyed it in the end.   Am also reading the Book of Mormon, and have decided to study using the Preach My Gospel manual.  

Seem to be developing into the LDS social services for the elderly in the ward - getting Kathy Wright moved to Northampton to be closer to her family, trying to help Pam Nash research and buy\hire a mobility scooter, walking with Alice Yanni and Joan Denny - which is also helping me - though Alice is pretty slow, but Joan will get a pace going if we are out without Alice. 

I am also anxious to get the house painted and decorated, but Tim is so busy with work he is not enthused at all.   It is important for me as it is my place of work as well as our home, and clients don't want to walk into a grubby looking environment.   This morning I will go and get paint charts and make a start on planning what to do with the hall, stairs and landing.  

Busy - and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment